To protect and provide for the public health through education, training, promotion of current public health principals and through uniformity in the promulgation and enforcement of food and drug laws, and regulations.
The Northeast Food and Drug Officials Association (NEFDOA) accomplishes this mission by providing a forum for regulators, industry and other interested parties to discuss regional, national and international food safety and security issues, and the uniform promotion and provision of effective public health and consumer protection services. Furthermore, NEFDOA offers training opportunities, annual educational conferences, and disseminates food safety and security information.
NEFDOA is a regional affiliate of the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO) and represents the state of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont, the Atlantic Provinces, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island, Ontario, and Quebec in Canada. NEFDOA is comprised of federal, state and local food, drug and consumer protection officials, industry representatives, academia, and other persons interested in promoting public health through regulatory uniformity and accepted food safety and security practices and regulations.
- Association of Food and Drug Officials of the Southern States
- Canadian Food Safety Inspection Agency
- Central Atlantic States Association of Food and Drug
- Health Canada
- Mid-Continental Association of Food and Drug officials
- North Central Association of Food and Drug Officials
- Northeast Food and Drug Officials Association
- Western Association of Food and Drug Officials
Who’s Involved in NEFDOA
- New Hampshire
- New York
- Rhode Island
- Atlantic Provinces